Destiny Update 2.0 Preview Details Changes to Level Cap, Quests, Bounties, More
Going live on September 8 and requiring 18GB of free space on PlayStation 4 and 20GB of free space on PlayStation 3, Destiny update 2.0 was previewed by Bungie in their Weekly Update, giving you a taste of the changes coming ahead of The Taken King on September 15:
- Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
- Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
- You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
- Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
- Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
- Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems – their power levels will be unchanged
- Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
- A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
- Tracks all active Quests
- Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
- Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
- Bounty slots will be increased to 16
- Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
- Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
- Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
- Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
Collections have been added to the Tower
- Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
- Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
- You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
- Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
- Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
- Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
- Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Takes effect on 09/15]
Weapons & Armor
- Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on ourprevious analysis
- Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
The full patch notes will be posted next week when 2.0 goes live.
When you do install update 2.0, there will also be a few things removed:
- Vanguard & Crucible Marks: Activities where you previously earned Vanguard/Crucible marks will now grant Legendary Marks. On Tuesday, your current Vanguard/Crucible marks will converted into faction commendations. [Takes effect on 09/15]
- The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest.
With Destiny Year One winding down, Bungie’s Live Team suggests completing the Year One Bounties, completing your Moments of Triumph(which has been extended until September 14), and not deleting your characters or dismantling your items just yet.
When update 2.0 is live, we’ll let you know.
LIVE IN YOUR WORLD, PLAY IN OURS!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE to the GameBros & GameGals Family!
Check out Our Blog with the lastest Gaming News & Hottest Deals!